Monday, January 10, 2011

Christmas



Christmas day was very busy for us. In the morning, we headed over to my Uncle Ray's house to meet up with my dad's side of the family to exchange gifts. It was the first year we didn't go to my Nana's, but we all had a great time anyway. I got to see everyone that I haven't seen since my cousin Clint's wedding. That's the thing about living away from your hometown, you don't get to visit with family as often as you'd like. Anyway, after Uncle Ray's house, we went to my big brother's house to meet up with my sister, her family, and mom. Caitlin got an adorable zebra striped jacket with a matching umbrella! The wind was blowing like crazy so we didn't stay long because we needed to drive down to J, K, B, and M's house. We almost turned around because it was snowing so hard. Then the snow turned to rain....and lots of it! Dennis hydroplaned half a dozen times....and we were only going 40mph! There was literally a river running down the freeway! We finally arrived safety and had a wonderful turkey dinner. In fact, it was the best turkey I had EVER eaten. Kelly brined it and it was so moist and tasty!!! I ended up making a turkey dinner a week later. Anyway, the kids had cupcakes and then we opened presents. There were toys and wrapping everywhere!....just the way it should be with kids. Bedtime that evening was a different story. Caitlin didn't want to sleep....at all. She finally went to sleep when we did, around 11ish.

We had a wonderful Christmas day filled with lots of family. I only wished it would have lasted longer. They day just seems to go so quickly and there's never enough time to visit with everyone like you would like.



Second cousin Kate


Caitlin and Kate


My dad and brother Bill


Grandma Chi-Sai and Colton


Caitlin and Cousin Tyler


Caitlin and Mickey Mouse Potato Head


Aunt Brenda and Caitlin in her new coat and umbrella!


Aunt Brenda and Colton


Caitlin and Cousin Hunter


Brady, Caitlin, and Maddie


Christmas cupcake.


Night, night baby.


Sleepy Cousins

No comments: