Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Happy Anniversary

Today, Dennis and I celebrate our 9 year wedding anniversary! We've been together for over 14 years and it still seems like we just met! We celebrated tonight by going to one of our recent favorite restaurants. I had a salad with apples, candied walnuts, and an apple vinegrette for an appetizer and Dennis had hot wings that were spiced with cinnamon! Then I had a creamy chicken curry with bananas, coconut, raisins, cranberries, and coconut rice. It was good, but it had a very strong curry flavor. I realized that I prefer Thai curry rather than Indian curry because it's sweeter and not as strong. Dennis had crab flautas which he liked, but probably wouldn't order again. For dessert, Dennis had a deconstructed apple pie and I had wonderfully dense mini Kahlua mint cheesecakes! They were wonderful!

And where were the children during our wonderful meal you ask? Why they were with my amazing friend Nancy. She came over after teaching her 4/5th graders all day, to watch our lively pair! Caitlin had a blast and was still riled up when it came time to go to bed....although that could have been her father wrestling with her once he got home. But after 3 attempts, she's finally asleep.

Oh, and another great thing about our anniversary.....it always falls on Groundhog's Day!!!! I just love that! And it looks like spring will be coming early this year!

No comments: