Sunday, December 5, 2010

Stolen Mail

Yup, you read correctly. Our (and our neighbors to the right of us) outgoing mail was stolen on Saturday morning between the hours of 9-11am. Who would do such a thing!.....and broad daylight too!!!! Thankfully, it was only a NetFlix movie. I called them to let them know what happened and they were completely awesome about it. I also called the sheriff's department and they could care less. The dispatch lady wasn't even sympathetic and made me feel like it was my fault. Lovely. Unfortunately, for the past several weeks, we have noticed open mailboxes in our neighborhood. Some still had mail in them, but most were empty. We thought it was probably kids playing around. Well, apparently, they are doing a little more than fooling around! So this morning Dennis installed a locking mailbox instead of our regular one. He also talked with one of our other neighbors who said that in the past 20 years of living on this street, this is the first time mail has ever been stolen.....and I hope it's the last!

On a brighter note, I replaced our regular LED Christmas lights in the kitchen with the color changing ones instead.....and it's like I'm at a disco party every waking minute!!!! WOO HOO!!!!! Then tonight, I installed the regular lights down the hallway and tomorrow I'll install some in Caitlin's room. Caitlin absolutely loves the lights! She grabbed Dennis's hand once they were done in the hallway, and took him down the hall to sit on the floor and look at the lights. She's such a sweetheart!

And I leave you with a few pics!


We now have two thumb suckers in the house!


Enjoying some cereal with daddy.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

I want to see the lights!

Nancy Bergenske said...

Hope you are having a great holiday. We should get together soon!