Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Grama Visit

Last week my mom came over for a visit!  It was so nice and Caitlin (Colton too) had a great time.  Caitlin LOVED my mom's border collie....Peggy.  As soon as she would wake up in the morning, Caitlin would be asking about Peggy and looking out the window for her.  On Tuesday, Caitlin and I went for a walk while my mom and Colton took a nap.  We took Peggy with us and Caitlin held the leash the whole time!  It was really nice to see her interacting with a dog without being super nervous and unsure.  Plus, my mom's dog is very nice and really calm.  It was really wonderful to have my mom around....especially during the week when I'm usually by myself with the kids!

This week Caitlin has been making real progress on the potty training front.  For quite some time now, she has been peeing on the potty.  She usually doesn't tell us when she has to go, but when we put her on, she always pees. Well, for the last two mornings when I have put her on she has pooped on the potty!!!!!  SO EXCITING!!!!!  I know...it's weird, a post about poop.  But if you have ever potty trained before, you know my excitement!!!!

I have been searching through all of my cookies recipes lately.  I think I will be starting on my Christmas cookies sometime next week.  I have no idea how many I will make this year. It will probably be scaled down a bit.  But knowing me, I'll end up getting carried away! :)

No comments: