Thursday, August 19, 2010

No more stitches!


This afternoon Caitlin got her stitches out! She didn't really like the process, but was happy to be in daddy's arms during it. As soon as it was over, all crying ceased immediately. Now she'll have a scar to show off to all her friends! The doctor said it will stay on the red side for a few years before it turns white. We can use vitamin E, aloe, or Mederma to help reduce the scarring. Her hair covers most of it, so I really don't see it as an issue anyway.

OOooooo, and a BIG congratulations to my friend Nancy who just got a new 4th/5th grade teaching job!!!!!!! She found out last night and school starts on MONDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She only has 4 days to plan before the first day! But because she's so awesome, I know she'll rock it! Go Nancy!!!

2 comments:

Life According to Kate said...

Caitlin is such a trooper!! The scar will just add some edge to her sweetness! I can't believe you have just one week to go. I was hoping for babies on the same day, but if you have him on the 27th, that's Ryan and my anniversary, so it's another good day (no bias here!!) I can't wait to see your little guy!!!

Jenai said...

Aaaah, too cute! What an awesome and brave little girl. :D