Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Fun Filled Weekend




Our weekend began on Thursday with the arrival of Jonathan, Kelly, Brady, and Maddie....followed later by Dennis's dad and wife, and Erik, Rebekka, Bella, and Jack. In all, we hosted a total of 8 adults and 5 children! Thankfully, our house is big enough that it really didn't seem like that many people. This was the first time in years that Dennis and his brothers were together. The cousins also had a great time playing together. It'll be even better when baby Tater can join in on the fun too!

Later Thursday night I began to have contractions again. I took my meds and still they continued. Finally, around 2:30am, Dennis and I headed to labor and delivery because they were about 3-4 minutes apart. Thank goodness his family was here! Kelly happily took Caitlin and they went back to sleep. Dennis and I however, did not get much sleep. In LAD they ended up giving me two more doses of my meds to stop the contractions and around 8am they were mellow enough to send me home. Also they were not doing anything to promote an early delivery (whew!). Exhausted, we headed home and I went to bed not feeling well. Upon awaking, I had a slight fever and my stomach was really bugging me. I ended up coming down with a stomach bug and was in bed all Friday and didn't do anything on Saturday. Luckily, by Sunday I was feeling "normal."

That was a great thing because I had a baby shower to go to, which was really awesome and had super yummy food and friends (no one ate the friends, just the food was yummy). Thanks Dyani for putting an awesome party together!

Then I came home to my wonderful family! An awesome and incredibly eventful weekend!

1 comment:

Crystal said...

I don't remember how many weeks you are, but they won't keep stopping your contractions after a few more weeks will they? Sounds like your little one just can't wait to get here LOL.