Sunday, January 31, 2010

Happy Birthday Husband! 1-30-10


Well, Dennis is still sick. He's worse than he was at the beginning of the week...even after taking 3 days off of work! And today, because of his sinuses, he got all lightheaded and thought he was going to pass out. This comes at just a wonderful time (hear the sarcasm) because yesterday was his 31st birthday! On Friday, Caitlin made him a birthday card and got blue paint EVERYWHERE!!! I still think you can see a shadow of it on the linoleum floor. But Caitlin had quite a bit of fun making the card and smearing the paint all around. I guess we need to get some finger paints soon.

For Dennis's birthday movie we finally went and watched Avatar in 3D and totally loved it! We probably would have canceled due to Dennis feeling very under the weather, but I had already bought the tickets. Regardless, it was great! Dennis really likes 3D movies and I finally figured out why I don't care for them all that much....they're too distracting! Especially during an action movie. Now, will I watch Toy Story 3 in 3D, you bet your bum I will! When I saw the trailer for it, I was all giggly throughout the whole thing! I just love Toy Story! Anyway, after the movie Dennis and Caitlin (well, Caitlin mostly) took a nap and then we went to dinner. We were going to go to a new place, just the two of us, but Dennis wanted to spend his birthday with Caitlin. It really was a good decision because of how crummy he felt. We ended up going to Sizzler and he got steak and lobster which he really, really liked. I got a salad bar and wished I would have gotten a baked potato too...oh well. Caitlin went to town on the garlic cheese toast and peaches. Then we came home and had some HORRIBLE cake from Ray's. So today I went and got Dennis's old fave, a 3 layer chocolate cake. That went down much better.

Today, we had to make up for what we didn't do on Saturday...mainly grocery shopping. Thankfully, Dennis had the dinner list all done by the time I woke up so all I had to do was make the shopping list. Thank you honey!!!! And for tonight I made Chickpea, Tomato, and Barley soup. It's sooooooo good! I just love the texture of the barley!

Alright, I must get ready for bed. Back to work tomorrow! Let's hope Dennis starts to feel better soon.

No comments: