Sunday, January 10, 2010

Earthquake



Yesterday at 4:30pm I was in the biggest earthquake I have ever been it....a 6.5! We were all sound asleep when it happened. Dennis tried to rush in to get Caitlin, but my arms just wouldn't let go and listen to my brain! Caitlin slept through the whole thing too! But we woke her up anyway because I was afraid of the aftershocks. Lots of water splashed out of Dennis's fish tanks and besides an alarm clock, we have no other damage. Our phone line is messed up, so if anyone needs to get a hold of us, you'll have to call my cell. We're lucky we still have power and water because most of the town is without. I think I'm going down to my school today to pick up all the stuff that has fallen. There have been 16 aftershocks at my school since yesterday. Tomorrow will be a very interesting school day to say the least!

3 comments:

Nancy Bergenske said...

Glad everything is OK... and it's great you didn't lose power.

Jenny said...

We felt it, too. I'm glad to hear you didn't have any damage. I hate earthquakes.

Crystal said...

So glad you guys were safe. That is scary. We don't have to worry about that out here...we just have tornadoes and hurricanes LOL. Have a great day.