Saturday, December 19, 2009

Tick Tock


Time is surely running away from me these days. I finally got my Christmas cards but they won't hit the mailbox until Monday. They still have to be stuffed and stamped and since the mail lady was early today (for once) I thought I shouldn't stress about it. I finished the scrapbook that was ordered via phone last Tuesday...very exciting. I did very well at the craft fair too! I sold EVERYTHING I made, which included 11 scrapbooks and 3 journals! Next time I will be more prepared and have a wider variety of themes. I also discovered that I really need some business cards. Several people asked for them, and I had to resort to writing my info on a piece of paper...oops!
This is the scrapbook that was ordered.

I'm wrapping presents slowly, but surely. I actually got the gifts that needed to be mailed BEFORE we broke for Christmas vacation! Woo hoo! And if everything goes according to plan, all my internet orders should arrive by the 23rd! One major difference this year is that I'm not making any Christmas cookies. I really want these 2 weeks to be stress free and I know if I make them, I'm going to worry about getting them all done in a timely manner....so I'm taking a break this year.

As for our Christmas tree, it's still standing and fully functional. Caitlin could care less about it which I'm very happy about. She's perfectly fine playing with the LED snowflakes that change color and suction to the coffee table. Unfortunately, she developed a fever at daycare on Thursday afternoon and was pretty lethargic the rest of the day and evening. Dennis stayed home with her on Friday and she seems to be doing better today and no sign of a fever. Although, last night we had a bit of a scare. She woke up crying and Dennis picked her up and saw blood all over her face and he couldn't tell where it was coming from. It was really thick and he thought she may have coughed it up. It turned out to be a bloody nose and I called the 24 hour nurse line to see what they had to say. They said since she had had a fever and was stuffed up it could have been just a basic bloody nose or she may have put her finger in her nose in the middle of the night. Either way, if it happened again we needed to call our pediatrician. We also needed to keep her somewhat upright to avoid her swallowing a lot of blood so she wouldn't get sick. So I slept with her the first part of the night and then Dennis slept with her until they got up this morning. Thankfully, she never got another bloody nose and I'm really hoping it'll stay that way. It was a freaky situation and I'm not ready for a repeat performance.

This is what happens when I leave Caitlin alone with the wipes! Nice going mommy!

Tomorrow I'm going to finish all the Christmas cards and hopefully watch a holiday movie. I'm thinking Love Actually sounds really good.

Happy Saturday!

3 comments:

Dentay said...

Love Actually? How about Die Hard, the true Christmas classic. "Ho Ho Ho...now I have a machine gun". It doesn't get better than that!

Carie said...

No cookies! I am so sad.

Nancy Bergenske said...

I am glad you are getting everything done and are in the holiday spirit. I just finished watching Love Actually while on the elliptical today. It is WAY better than Die Hard! :-)