Saturday, October 17, 2009

The World of Mama


We have officially entered the world of "mama." Caitlin not only says it when she's frustrated (which used to be the only time she said it), but also when she's happy! It just melts my heart every time I hear it! And today was the first day she signed "more" and I actually got her to do it several times while feeding her breakfast!

Today we hope to go to the pumpkin patch when I get back from a "Fire and Light" sale. They sell hand blown glass dinnerware, bowls, vases, and many other accessories. It's their seconds sale and I hope to find a cake pedestal at half price. Wish me (and Nancy) luck!

And I'm calling it. Caitlin has officially been weaned. She hasn't nursed AT ALL for a week now and she doesn't seem to miss it one bit....which makes me happy and a little sad at the same time. I have also stopped pumping. My supply was significantly decreasing so I thought I'd just end it there. She's also sleeping really well and with the help of Grama Dea's birthday present, we don't even pick her up out of her crib when she wakes in the middle of the night. I just put her blanket back over her, turn her on her side, and put on the music. She only cries for a minute or two and then she's out! I think we have trained ourselves well (Dennis and I of course).

Caitlin's favorite food these days: toast

1 comment:

Nancy Bergenske said...

Did you go to the pumpkin patch? If so, please post the pictures...