Sunday, October 11, 2009

Behold!.....Our new sink and faucet!


Yesterday, Dennis spent the entire day installing a brand new sink, faucet, and pipes in our kitchen. It turned out so much awesomer (yes, I know that's not a word...but it fits) than I thought. We were planning on getting a basic stainless steel double sink. Then we went to Costco and found a much awesomer one. When we got home we discovered Dennis would have to drill out two more holes in the sink to fit our current faucet, so we began to look at new ones. It was decided that if we couldn't find a new one at Costco or our local hardware stores, we would just use our old one. However, we found a beautiful one at Costco! Dennis had actually pointed it out the first time we were there and I didn't pay any attention to it because I thought we weren't going to get a new one, so why bother looking....right? Well, I guess I should have looked the first time and it would have saved us a second trip! Here are the before and after photos:


See the little tiny sink to the left? That's where we washed all our dishes that wouldn't go into the dishwasher!


Isn't it beautiful! Each side is SO much deeper! It's so much awesomer to wash dishes now!

So far Caitlin has had 4 awesome nights....and last night I didn't even nurse her in the middle of the night! I think I'm going to try and continue that since she was fine without. Wish us luck!

No comments: