Sunday, October 4, 2009

Caitlin 11 Months

Only 1 month left until our baby becomes a toddler! I don't know if I'm ready for that! And today I got her to stand for a few seconds without holding onto anything!


Saturday we spent the day at the Apple Harvest Festival. We ate way too much food! We had cotton candy, apple cider, apples, apple fritter, and a tri-tip sandwich! Caitlin tasted her first sip of apple cider and she really wanted more. She also took her first hayride through the apple orchard. The one time I forget our camera! The weather was nice and sunny but there was a pretty cool breeze. Thankfully, we all brought our warmer sweaters. It will be really fun next year when Caitlin can walk all around the festival.

This is the first weekend since I started weaning Caitlin and it went fairly well. Today's morning nap was the hardest because she REALLY wanted to nurse and not drink from her sippy cup. Finally, with Dennis's help, she went down......45 minutes later. Otherwise, we haven't had any other meltdowns.....myself included. It's so weird. Now that I'm not nursing in the day if feels like something is missing. I think I'm beginning to go through withdrawals! I just need to remember, it's all about forward momentum!

Last week was a horrible week for me at school....thus, no blogging. I'm hoping this week will go much better. I'm not CELDT testing so that is a headache I don't have to endure. And there's hope for all those reports I need to get done. The fourth graders are going to Wolf Creek so I will be able to use that time slot for the blasted reports instead! Yippee.

No comments: