Thursday, May 22, 2008

There being taken away!!!!

Ducks I mean!!! The cute little ducklings in Nancy's room will be no longer come Friday afternoon!!! Two were taken to a good home yesterday and I almost cried!!! Only three are left and they are soooooooooo adorable....but very VERY messy I do have to say. Poor Nancy has had to clean up after them and the bigger they get, the bigger their mess gets! Oh, you should see them swim too! Super cute!!! Nancy brought in a little kiddie pool and they just swim and peep-peep all around it!!! The kids are so fascinated by them and just love them!!!...I mean come on, who wouldn't? I so wanted Dennis to see them, but as they got bigger and more adorable, I just knew he would want to take one home! I used to have a duck growing up. Her name was Daisy and she was a Mallard duck. In the winter she flew away and then when spring came she came back! But I do remember how messy she was! Our driveway was always a mess and had to be sprayed off all the time!!!!.....that is why I don't necessarily want a pet duck again. Anyway, I'm going to miss those ducks (sniff, sniff). I just have to look forward to next year.....I hear it'll be chickens.....I just might take a few of those home!

1 comment:

Nancy Bergenske said...

I miss them too.... last night I dreamed about ducks and snails all night... it was not very peaceful although I did sleep 15 hours... pretty much straight through. Do ya think I was tired?