Saturday, May 17, 2008

I tried, honest!

I totally tried to blog yesterday, but for some reason it wouldn't let me post! It's been sooooooo hot here!!!!!....in the high 80's to low 90's for some places. Now to the average person this might seem like a wonderful temperature.....well for people who are used to the highs being in the 60's, we're melting!!!!! The students at my school were dropping like flies because it was so hot! I live in jeans weather, not shorts weather and my white legs prove it!!! Since I'm starting to show, I have no shorts (of the 2 pairs I own) that fit, nor do I have any tank tops that cover my baby belly! So I resorted to staying indoors as long as possible on Friday to avoid the heatwave directly. It didn't quite work as well as I'd hoped.....and I've realized my annoying little headaches that I've been getting for the past few days are coming from the heat. I had a gnarly one today, but a few minutes after we were in the wonderfully air conditioned store, it had gone away!!! Woo hoo!!!

So Dennis and I went to the annual Coast Guard yard sale today. It was mediocre and I didn't see anything I couldn't live without. Then we went up to the farmer's market. We had breakfast at a bar (yes, it's odd, but it was really good and inexpensive) and then strolled through the plaza. I was really hoping for some fruit or something, but it's too early in the season for that yet. My mouth is already watering for the peaches that will show up in July sometime!!!

Until next time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great Blog!!

I know how you feel it was 101 here on Friday and the kids were dropping like flies. I tried to stay out of the sun but I had to go work in the sun. But we got ice cream later so that was cool. Hope to see you soon.

Luv, Shan