Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Colton 8 Months


Wow! I just can't believe it has been 8 months already! And, just to top things off, Colton sprouted his first tooth the same day! It FINALLY broke through and it wasn't one of his eye teeth that we thought it was going to be! It was the same one Caitlin got first....the bottom right one. He is really close to crawling. It seems that every day he gets on all fours more and more. Food ( in any form) is still his favorite. Tonight (while we were cleaning up BBQ sauce---another story----Caitlin kept on saying "Colton share." Finally, we turned around and saw that she was sharing her green beans with Colton! He was happily gnawing on it and wasn't too thrilled when Dennis took it away. Have no fear, it was promptly replaced with puffs. It will be really nice if he continutes his oh so happy willingness to eat anything...edible, that is.

Okay, now the BBQ story. I made tater tots to go with our breakfast burritos tonight for dinner. I know, you're thinking "Tater tots with breakfast burritos?" Yes, it's not common, but we have been out of the good tater tots (the ABC kind) for a while and I had made regular fried potatoes on Monday and wasn't really in the mood for them again....but I digress. So, Dennis likes to dunk his TTs in a spicy BBQ sauce. Since it is made locally, it separates and needs to be shaken vigorously......and that is exactly what I began to do when the lid came flying off and BBQ sauce went EVERYWHERE! Thankfully, Dennis had just rotated Colton in his arms and the sauce just barely missed him! It was so funny and all I could do was stand there and giggle to myself for a while. Good thing tomorrow is Thorough Thursday!

My wonderful friend Nancy came over today for a visit to chat and play with Caitlin. It's been a while since I've seen her, so I was very happy to see her. Then just after she left I got a text from my other really good friend I haven't seen in a while either, and she's coming over for a visit next week! It's great to be surrounded by good friends, family, and an awesome husband!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: