Monday, May 2, 2011

Easter Fun


We had fun filled Easter day. It was only mildly sprinkling in the morning and then the sunshine came out and it was VERY warm...at least for us. That made easter egg hunting very nice. We started off by going to the Eggstravaganza at our zoo. It was way more packed this year because of the nicer weather. Last year it was POURING down rain. Caitlin started out by doing the egg hunt and then moved on to the bumble bee toss. Then she decorated an egg carton shell and planted seeds in it. The monkeys and bear were next on her list and of course we couldn't forget the ravens....I think they are her favorite next to the monkeys. We headed to the barnyard and made a butterfly with sticker eyes....I would have used googly eyes (but that's just me). They turkeys followed us all around and out to the giant spider web. Caitlin just loves to play on it! We left shortly after that and headed home for lunch.

Lunch was followed by naps and it was during naptime that the Easter Bunny showed up! We had to de-layer Caitlin because it was so warm, and then headed outside to hunt for eggs. She had so much fun looking for and finding them that we may end up hiding eggs again in a month or so. Colton got some cars from the Easter Bunny and Caitlin got a bubble machine, bubbles, stickers, and candy. She probably had WAY to much sugar because she became a crazy child that night!

We had a ham dinner and I completely fouled it up! For some idiotic reason, I thought our ham (from Costco) only weighed FOUR pounds! Dennis had asked me about the cooking time earlier and I told him this with no worries....he had actually never looked at the ham before it when in, so he took my word for it completely. Well, it did not weight four pounds. It was probably closer to TEN! This meant that after the 40 minutes of cooking time that a 4 pound ham required, our ham was still refrigerator cold!.....and all our sides were already done! Back in the oven for another hour, 25 degrees hotter than required. Thank goodness it was already precooked because even after another hour, the center was still only warm! But it tasted really good regardless of my lack of math skills. We finally finished eating it on Thursday after ham and cheese sandwiches everyday for lunch, breakfast burritos, ham/eggs & toast, and then tossing the rest into a potato and mac & cheese casserole.....did I mention I gave a good 1/4 of it away? I think I'm set on ham for the next year.

I hope everyone else had as wonderful of Easter as we did!












Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Crystal said...

I love ham. We always get a big one from Joshs work. I cut it up and freeze it. I love to shred it up in the food processor and make ham salad sandwiches :~) yum.
Sounds like you guys had a good Easter. The kids are so darn cute!