Monday, April 12, 2010

Back to Work


Today was the first day back from Spring break. I think it was a hard/long day for all involved. My first group of students were so lethargic and normally they talk my ear off! I don't think the rain helped anyone either. Thankfully, by morning recess, the sun was peaking through the clouds so the kids could have recess outside. Woo hoo!

On the other hand, Caitlin was very excited to be back at daycare. She wasted no time getting in her favorite car and waving bye, bye to me out the back window! I think she was so excited that it made napping quite difficult for her too. She only slept 50 minutes and she normally takes a 2 hour nap!

I made calzones tonight for the first time and they turned out quite tasty. Dennis put "new recipe" on the menu this week and since I haven't read my new issue of Food Network magazine, I was scrounging around for something. Dennis had said something about homemade pizza a few weeks ago and I thought that's nothing new.....but then it occurred to me that calzones would be a new item I'd never made before! I'm not sure if it will be a menu regular, but it was pretty tasty. Tomorrow we're having BLT's with avocado....mmmmm.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Mmmm I love avocado...I just had an avocado burrito the other day, yummy. If you have a BLT with avocado do it make it a BLAT? LOL

Crystal said...

Sorry I ment does it make it a BLAT not do it haha

Nancy Bergenske said...

It sure was a rough day all around... What did you put in the calzone?