Monday, November 2, 2009

Happy Halloween

So on Halloween day, we celebrated Caitlin's 1st birthday at my dad's house. There were a few more people than initially anticipated....34 ended showing up......and it was awesome! I was a bit worried how Caitlin would do surrounded by that many people she didn't know, but she seemed to have a pretty darn good time. She tore into her presents and was covered in frosting by the end of the day. It was great having so much family around to celebrate. I just wish I had a picture of everyone piled in the living room watching Caitlin tear open her presents. It was an amazing sight and a heart warming memory. Thank you all!


I made both Caitlin's cake and the cupcakes. The flavors were a halloween funfetti and chcocolate, both with homemade buttercream.



Taking her first taste of the cake and deciding if she likes it or not....


And I think she did like it....she needed a big swig of milk to wash it all down!

The aftermath!


Caitlin wonders what's taking so long to get to the presents as a million flashes of light go off.


Mommy, just let ME do it!


Ooo, I really like this bag!

Dancing? Or is it an 8 second ride?


All ready to go trick or treating with Maddie, Brady, and Caitlin!


I CAN fly if I try really, really hard!

1 comment:

Nancy Bergenske said...

She's super sweet!! And the cupcakes look amazing.