Friday, November 27, 2009

Black Friday


Caitlin was a trooper today! Dennis picked out her Black Friday outfit above (very appropriate I thought) and we were out of the house by 7:30am! We went to the mall, Costco, K-Mart, and Target. We didn't get much because we didn't want to take the time (especially with Caitlin in-tow) to wait in line. If my mom is up for it, we may go out tomorrow. During the whole day, Caitlin only took ONE nap. She fell asleep in her carseat while we were all strolling through K-Mart around 10ish. She slept for about 45 minutes and that was it. Apparently, she decided she didn't need a nap.....or it could have been all the excitement from the day that kept her awake. Whatever it was, she was crazy! She wouldn't even put her head on my shoulder to even attempt to calm down....and that was the second nap attempt at 4pm! She kept talking, and talking, and TALKING! I finally gave up when she got wiggly. Thankfully, she went down for bed just fine...whew! And I thought for sure she'd have several meltdowns during the evening because of her lack of sleep.....and I was completely wrong. She was wired! She played a LOT! By herself and with us. We chased and chased her and made her laugh so hard she started coughing......you'd thing that would tucker her out at least a little bit! The only time she was calm was when she decided she wanted to play with my hair for 15 minutes. She was actually pretty gentle the whole time and it was really calming for me :)

It will be interesting how tomorrow will go. I'm totally okay with a no or little nap day as long as she's happy.....it's a delicate balance that sleep thing!

1 comment:

Nancy Bergenske said...

Glad you had a good time shopping... See you tomorrow!