Thursday, June 9, 2011

Buzzing Brain


My brain has been a buzz for the last few weeks with all the possibilities ahead. Things didn't work out in Ferndale like we thought they would.....so as of date, I have applied for 8 different teaching positions all over....Eureka, Yreka, Ferndale, and Redding. The deadlines for Eureka and Yreka have already closed. Ferndale closes the 24th and Redding is open until filled. The competition is outrageous! There were 120 applications for the 3 jobs in Yreka and probably double or triple that for Eureka! It's the waiting game that is going to drive me crazy. I don't know when or even if I will get called for an interview. It would be lovely if I got an interview at all 4 places! Hahahaha.....I would be one lucky and fortunate girl if that happened. I would LOVE to be working next school year and I really hope it works out. I have had major ups and downs in thinking about my chances for interviews. Somedays I think I have a good chance, and others, not so much. Today, I think I'm nervous. There is a possibility I may hear something as early as tomorrow or Monday. My poor family and friends have been bombarded with phone calls the last several weeks of my craziness and buzzing brain of thoughts and scenarios!

Plus, I've had some bad cell phone luck the last week. My cell phone started to break and I attempted to fix it with duct tape. It worked okay until Caitlin got a hold of it and brought it to Dennis in two pieces. So after over an hour on the phone with US Cellular, I got all my calls forwarded to Dennis's cell and discovered I had another month on my contract, not a week like I thought. Then yesterday I called in because my texts weren't going through. It turns out it is a problem with Dennis's phone. So I have been doing lots of research as to what I should do and what company I should go with. I feel like a fish out of water, constantly flip flopping back and forth. However, I think I finally figured out what I'm going to do. Now all I have to do is go down to actually LOOK at the phones in person to make my final decision....when that will happen, I have no idea, but I hope it will be soon.

Now that I have vented about what's been happening, I hope I'll be able to get over my writer's block and blog a bit more.
Caitlin still fits! She LOVES to play in the carseat!

One of Colton's favorite places to play!

No comments: