Sunday, March 20, 2011

Food Finds






Caitlin is a grazer. She pretty much snacks all day long, stopping for the occasional breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Her snacks tend to wind up in containers of all sorts. Many of them are part of her kitchen "toys." Some have even made their way into her vehicles. It took us at least two weeks to find her milk cup (full of milk) in the trunk of her push car.....yuck!

The other day she had to go potty. So I left Colton surrounded by toys on the living room floor while I helped her in the bathroom. I came out to check on Colton and found him gnawing on a granola bar! Caitlin had wedged it down into her wooden teapot and Colton managed to maneuver it out and into his mouth! Thank goodness he didn't choke! But he was so MAD that I took it away. I felt bad, but a granola bar is above his skill level...at least for now anyway.

Well then tonight I put him in the exersaucer while I was cooking in the kitchen and noticed he was quieter than usual. I came out to find him eating one of Caitlin's peanut butter sandwich crackers! She had two hidden on top of it and Colton was going to town on one! Again I took it away and he was really mad about that. I guess now we'll no if he has a peanut allergy. Oh my. So in the spirit of his adventurous eating, I gave him his first sweet potato puffs.....and he loved them! I have to help him get it into his mouth, but he sure does enjoy them once their in!

And to avoid any mishaps, I will be triple checking all containers and surfaces before putting Colton down....you never no what that Caitlin Marie will stuff into a container of any kind.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

LOL! I have a friends who son does the same thing. They called after leaving our house one time wondering if we could find Lachlan's sippy cup. We looked and looked for it with no luck. A few days later the kids found it in the fridge of the play kitchen. I have found chicken nuggets, grapes and many more thing in very clever places from my little friend :~)
My favorite (and the grossest) is when he thought it would be fun to hide food and toys in the diaper pail. That was fun to clean up LOL
Sounds like she will keep you on your toes ;)

Laurie said...

Your kids are so silly. I can just imagine his dismay when you took away his treat!

Nancy Bergenske said...

Caitlyn is just trying to be tidy!! Look how well Colton is sitting up!!