Thursday, July 8, 2010

Let the testing begin!

30 weeks

My doctor notified me today that since I will be 32 weeks next Friday I need to begin the rounds of testing because of my GD. So I will have non-stress tests (NST) twice a week on Mondays and Thursdays and weekly ultrasounds on Thursdays to check my amniotic fluid. I begin my regime next Thursday. The ultrasound that day will include a measurement of the baby as well to see how big he's getting. I then go back to the doctor on the 21st to have my usual exam. Although now they will be really watching my blood pressure because GD tends to come with a higher risk of developing preeclamsia (which happened last time). And my sugars? Still not under control, which does not surprise me at all. Although I've lost 2 pounds in 3 weeks because of the drastic diet change. But there is good news! I've recently changed my insulin levels and types so that I'm taking all long acting insulin and only short acting if needed. This means at least 2 less shots per day!!!!!!! I'm so excited about this! Today was the first day of the new schedule and I didn't have to bother with giving myself a shot before lunch, nor will I have to give myself one before I go to bed!!!! So nice!

Here's Caitlin and her new rocking horse! It actually belonged to her cousin Hunter and my sister brought it with them when they came over. She immediately climbed on it and discovered the awesomeness of her new movement!

3 comments:

Nancy Bergenske said...

So glad your appointments went well. We need to get together soon... Caitlyn is looking cuter than ever. Love the curls!!

Crystal said...

Look at that belly! You look so cute. Sounds like all is going well. Can't wait to see the baby :)

Jenai said...

Whoa... all those appointments already!?? Time flies crazy fast! Do we get to see more awesome ultrasound pics? :D

I love Caitlyn on that horse!!! Sean never really cared for his... while she looks ecstatic!!!

Then there's that belly... wowsers! You're looking fantastic. :D