Monday, August 25, 2008

Can I go to bed now?

After being on summer vacay for so long and just lounging around the house, I'm exhausted after only a half day of work! It really was a full day as I didn't leave until 3:45 but the kids got out at 1pm. Oh and of all days, it had to rain this morning! Luckily, it didn't seem to have much of an affect on the students because from what I heard, all the classes were really well behaved......eerily so in some cases I guess.

Even though I was completely exhausted when I got home, someone needed to make dinner. Today is Monday which means Dennis goes bowling with some of his co-workers (male bonding is important ya know). Anyway, I was moving so slowly it took me at least 30 minutes to prep dinner! I decided to try a new recipe from one of the diabetic cookbooks I checked out last week and it turned out pretty darn well! The original recipe was "Ginger Stir-fry Beef" but I opted to make it with chicken, cut down on the ginger, add garlic, and more broccoli......and my oh my was it delish! Dennis will have some mighty fine leftovers for lunch this week!

That's enough for tonight...I can barely keep my eyelids from closing. :)

1 comment:

Nancy Bergenske said...

That sounds pretty yummy... we had French food.... French Dips and French fries. What a gourmet I am!