Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Summer School

Before I dive into S.S., I must vent on how much I can't stand summer road construction! I'm totally over it! Last year it started the day after school got out and didn't stop until November! We were reduced to ONE lane on a busy freeway, which gets really, old really quickly. This year I thought "Hey, what could they possibly do?" Oh, the horror....and I thought the ONE lane was bad. For the last week of school and for the several weeks that followed, MY EXIT WAS CLOSED!!!!!!! So either I had the choice of taking the exit beforehand and going the back roads - or - I could take the exit past mine and loop back around on the freeway.....either option is annoying.....especially since I still have to work. So earlier this week I thought I was out of the woods....well, my on ramp was closed today! So, so, so annoying! I just wish it would be over....like a band-aid....just rip off in one quick motion! Now that I have vented, I feel much better...thank you.

So, summer school. I have the most amazing class! They work sooooo quietly and are incredibly helpful....especially 2 of my fifth graders. They are more than willing to work with a younger student who is having trouble with their work. I'm just so thankful for them! I think today was only the 2nd time I had to ask them to quiet down during working time....that in itself (during summer school nonetheless) is amazing! Next week is out last week of summer school, and although I'm happy to begin my summer vacation, I will truly miss my class.

Until next time!

No comments: