Thursday, October 14, 2010

Locked Out

My darling daughter thought it would be funny to lock me out of the house yesterday morning and refuse to unlock to the door when asked!!! To give her some credit, she may not have remembered how to unlock the door, but she clearly didn't want to as she sat in front of the sliding glass door telling me "no." Not quite panicking, but certainly in a hurry since Colton was crying, I remembered our bedroom window was unlocked and proceeded to get the ladder from the garage. I then discovered that the handles to remove the screen were on the inside of the house. Back into the garage I went to find anything to pry it off. Armed with a tiny saw and a pair of keys, I was determined to get the blasted screen off! After some wedging and an prying, I was able to pop the screen off and climb into the house and onto our bed. Good thing our bed is by the window because it would have been a long way to the floor, had I fallen!

Caitlin had no clue that I had made it back into the house and was shocked to see me walking down the hallway. The look on her face was priceless! She knew she was in a pickle when she saw me and had to ponder over things in time out while I put the ladder, saw, and pair of keys away in the garage.

Moral of the story: Take her with me next time! Or remember where the hide-a-key is hidden!

No comments: