Thursday, June 10, 2010

19 Months

On the 4th, Caitlin turned 19 months old! The next day, we bought her a new bedding set and moved her double bed into her new room! The room isn't entirely ready yet, but within the next week or so, we will start the transition from crib to big girl bed! Thankfully, she really does like this bed (especially when mommy or daddy lays down with her!).

After I took her 19 month pictures, she discovered the microphone on the floor from Rock Band. I didn't realize that she knew what it was for! She immediately starting singing! It was so sweet!

And it's official....I have gestational diabetes (GD) yet again. Although, this news did not come as a shock to us. I've noticed my sugars gradually increasing over the weeks. I'm just glad I don't have to go through the 3 hour glucose test! Yuck! Tomorrow I should hear from the diabetic nutritionist to set up the first of many appointments and to decide which medication to put me on....glyburide or insulin. Insulin worked much better last time, but all those shots get really annoying. So I guess the lunch I had today was my last hurrah. It was homemade sweet and sour chicken which I love....and I don't think I could have picked a better last lunch. Also, I had cake an hour before that because my wonderful first grade class and co-teacher threw me a surprise baby shower. I pretty much cried the whole time I was there listening to all the letters the students wrote to me telling me what I should teach the baby. They were all so sweet and hilarious! The letters ranged from teaching him how to walk and talk, to potty training! I just loved every minute of it! Thank you!

1 comment:

Jenai said...

Little Caitlin looks even tinier on that bed! It's precious! And I LOVE that bedding! Possibly the cutest ever!

UGH about the GD. Big ugh! But you're right that you made the perfect last super nummy sugary meal... awesome! :)