Thursday, July 21, 2011

What A Night!

Wow, we haven't had a night like that in a while.

It all started with me feeling very achy all day and then getting a fever around 7pm. The kids all went to sleep at their normal time and routine. Then Colton woke up at 11:30.....and then again at 12....and he wouldn't stop crying. Within an hour and a half Dennis and I took turns trying to calm him down, gave him a bottle, teething tablets, gas drops, and tylenol. Nothing seemed to be working and then around 2 the crying seemed to stop....then the phone rang. I came out to see who it was and found Colton playing around in cooler jammies and Caitlin watching TV. Turns out, Dennis had to go into work and didn't get home until closer to 5am! Meanwhile, I was finally able to get Colton down at 2:30 and Caitlin down at 3. Around 4ish Caitlin came into our bed and then Colton woke up and I brought him in as well. So when Dennis got home, he found all of us in bed and had to push over Caitlin to make enough room for him.

And now, at 9:07am, I still don't feel well and Dennis is catching up on the lack of sleep last night....and I'm sure he doesn't feel that well either. Caitlin has gymnastics at 10 and I'm not sure if we're going to make it.

Quite a sleepless night to say the least.

1 comment:

Nancy Bergenske said...

Hope you took a nap today!!