Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Going Well

Colton is 12 days old today and we're all doing well. We survived our first stomach flu without the whole family getting it. Caitlin was the unlucky one, but with a high temp of 104 and a yucky stomach, she handled it remarkably well.

Caitlin really likes her little brother and is very motherly towards him. In fact, after we let her hold him, she tried to take him from me and was not happy that I didn't return him to her. If she was only a few years older, I could totally get her to change his diaper!!!

We had a great labor day weekend with a visit from J, K, B, and M. They had brought kites to fly at the beach, but oddly enough, it was one of the few days there was NO wind! And then the day they left, it was SUPER windy! What's that about? Anyway, it was great to get the cousins together and at times it seemed like there were quite a few more than 3 children running around the house!


And yes, I'm trying to nap when I can. Although, Dennis went back to work today so no more sleeping in for me or napping whenever Colton naps. Caitlin's nap is my only opportunity now....so why am I blogging instead of snoozing? I'm crazy!

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Glad all is well. Its so nice you have another "mother" around to help :)

Jenai said...

Colton is the darlingest (yes, it IS a word, darn it!) little baby bird... !!!